Simply put, students learn more effectively when they are engaged in the lessons being taught in the classroom. This is why the GEF is committed to providing SMART Boards to district 35—they provide captivating, multimedia images that draw students into daily lessons and enrich the overall educational experience.
SMART Boards are purchased from SMART Technologies, the industry leading provider of interactive whiteboards. The following fact sheet provides further details about SMART Boards.
Quick Facts and Stats
- SMART Technologies is the industry pioneer of easy-to-use interactive whiteboards and other group collaboration tools
- In 1991, the SMART Board interactive whiteboard was introduced as the world’s first interactive whiteboard
- Over 800,000 SMART Board interactive whiteboards have been installed throughout the world in education, corporate, government and military settings
- 18 million students in more than 600,000 classrooms in more than 100 countries around the world are currently using SMART products
- Research findings from Canada, the U.S., the UK and Australia indicate that interactive white boards benefit students engagement, learner motivation and knowledge retention. The technology has also been successful in reaching students with a variety of learning styles, including those with special needs.
- SMART Board interactive whiteboards are installed in schools in every Canadian province, every U.S. state and every Education Authority in the UK
- Over 80 percent of the top 500 U.S. school districts use SMART products
- SMART customers also include many high profile organizations around the world, such as the Royal Canadian Air Force, US Military, NASA, NBA teams, Airbus Industries, Procter & Gamble, Fuji Xerox & Toyota
- SMART products have appeared on popular TV series’ such as CSI, Veronica Mars and Standoff
- SMART products are also used as part of news broadcasts on stations such as CBC and CNN
- There are more than 150 SMART Exemplary Educators in the U.S.
- There are over 70 SMART Showcase Schools in North America
- "I like the SMART Board because it helps me learn in a fun way. It is like a giant computer."
Fact sheet provided by SMART Technologies. For more information on Smart Boards follow the links in the side menu bar.